Friday, May 11, 2007

A Week of Wednesdays: Day 3

Two things to share today:
First, my favorite recipe for chicken salad (shared with me by my dear friend Shannon) and second, a website that my friend Emily shared with (where I got this yummy picture of the chicken salad sandwich that I am now craving!)

I'll start with the website though: My Recipes.com is a great new site that has compiled recipes, entertaining tips, menus, etc. on one site from some of my favorite magazines, including Southern Living, Cooking Light, and Cottage Living. The picture above is actually a Rosemary Chicken Salad recipe. Anyway, check this new site out...there is lots and lots to see and taste!

Chicken Salad sandwiches are one of my favorite things for lunch...I am pretty lucky to have a fabulous grocery store nearby that sells three different types of fresh chicken salad for when I don't have time to make my own...but this recipe beats all three of them! I hope you enjoy it too...thanks again Shannon...it's one of our family favorites!

Shannon's Chicken Salad

2.5 cups cooked chicken*, diced and cold
1 cup celery, finely chopped
1 .5-2 cups sliced red grapes*
1/2 cup sliced almonds*
2 tablespoons minced parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped

Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir to mix well. Serve on croissants (my favorite).

*Shannon boils her chicken with salt and a bay leaf for flavor. You can substitute other fruits (I also like dried apricots in the salad) and nuts to suit your taste.

Serves a lot!

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs