Wednesday, April 27, 2011

For shrimp lovers

I would highly recommend this recipe to those of you who enjoy a good shrimp dish.

It's an easy recipe and the results are worth scouring your grocery store twice for fish sauce. (Though I'd avoid taking a whiff of the actual stuff.)

With summer right around the corner, seafood and salads and fresh produce are calling my name. (I just made a Creole Shrimp Risotto last week. A-mazing. Also from the cookbook I recommended last week. Have you ordered it yet???)  

Curry & Coconut Shrimp over Rice

Curry & Coconut Shrimp over Rice

1/4 cup coconut milk
3 Tbsp. red bell pepper (finely chopped)
1 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
1.5 Tbsp. fish sauce
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. curry powder
1.5 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 cups water
3 cups hot, cooked basmati rice
lemon wedges, to garnish

1.  Combine first 7 ingredients in a ziploc bag. Add the shrimp and seal. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning halfway through.  Place shrimp in a 10" pie plate.
2.  Open a small metal vegetable steamer; place steamer upside-down in a large saucepan.  Add water and bring to a simmer.  Wearing oven mits, carefully place the pie plate with shrimp on top of the steamer. (Make sure the plate is balanced.) Cover and cook for 4 minutes, until shrimp are done.  Remove the pie plate.
3.  Serve shrimp over rice and garnish with lemon wedges.

Please tell me what recipes you're looking forward to trying this season!

4 comments:

Michele H. said...

this looks amazing kimber-leigh. i've added it to my "list of foods to make".

as for summer foods i always look forward to hubby grilling tri-tip, veggies and a nice cold drink:)

Christa said...

Everyone has so much yummy food on their blogs!! This looks great!

Jill said...

Oh my goodness -- this looks AMAZING!

Giuli said...

I love shrimp!
This will be my next meal!
Thanks for sharing, I love this and (all) your receip!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs