Sunday, May 06, 2012

The absence explained


First things first, an apology.  I am sorry that I've been gone with no explanation.  I had intended to schedule posts and blog along the way when I could...but as any of you who have moved know, the process of packing, moving, and unpacking is never quite so easy as you think it will be, no matter how organized or ready for it you are.  

But we made it.  

We are "home" to a state that is new to us and oh-so-beautiful.  I can't stop looking outside the window at all the trees.


As you can see, we started there in Enid, OK...


...and our route took us through Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio (where we had the pleasant surprise of seeing Brent's brother who was in the area for meetings), West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and then finally Virginia.  And yes, as you can see from her picture, we were all ready to put our feet up and relax after the drive east.


We are 40-ish minutes to three hours away from Washington DC (depending on traffic!)...and very excited about all the area has to offer.  The kids invited everyone we knew/saw in OK to come visit before we left, so we're looking forward to having our guest room occupied, as well as being much closer to family.

And as we continue to settle in, I should be here more regularly again.  Thanks for sticking with me!

And just in case you're curious:

Unpacking Update

Completed: Kitchen, children's bedrooms, master bed & bath
Remaining: Everything else. Ugh.

3 comments:

diane reeves said...

What an exciting part of the country to move too! I'm sure you've acquired some mean unpacking skills from your previous moves. I hope the the rest of the settling in goes smoothly.

Keshet said...

Welcome to this side of the country! Hope you settle in well!

Jen Kershner said...

I'm so glad you are getting settled in. I bet this year will fly by for you. I hope we get there before your year is up!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs