Monday, June 05, 2006

Fresh Mint.

I love a light delicious lunch in the summer!

What could be better than apricot chicken salad, strawberries, and mint iced tea?

Mint dip for the strawberries!

I stumbled upon this recipe in a cookbook I got around the time I got married. It's one of those fundraiser cookbooks that a local Christian school did called "Taste and See...that the Lord is good."

I have made it SO many times...it is easy, quick, and so fresh! It is perfect with a fruit salad of any type, although berries are my favorite. And I have to say that it would probably even make cantaloupe taste good...although I can't bring myself to try it...'cause I don't like melons...but it is THAT good!

So I will share the recipe...and you can enjoy it yourself...I told Brent the other night that it tastes like a summer breeze in the mountains!

Mint Dip

1/4 cup lime juice (bottled is fine!)
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves (loosely packed)
2 3 oz. packages cream cheese
6 Tbsp. sugar

Blend the lime juice and mint leaves in a blender until smooth. Add cream cheese and sugar. Blend until smooth. Serve with fresh fruit.

I double the recipe when serving a big crowd (or when I want to enjoy the leftovers!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe. I {{{{love}}}} mint and so do my kids! Did you make the chicken salad? If so, i'd love the recipe:) Thanks so much! have a blessed day.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs