Wednesday, April 25, 2007

For the record...

this post was going to have a pretty little picture to tempt you to make this delicious dessert tonight. But somehow, between opening presents and singing happy birthday and blowing out candles, I forgot to take a picture of the Grasshopper Torte. So you'll have to trust me when I say that it has a dark oreo crust with the loveliest shade of light mint green filling. And it's SO tasty!

By the way, the recipe calls for a springform pan...in the past I've always used a deep-dish pie dish with great results (one of which includes too much filling, so that you can make little individual pies using ramekins and have your own taste test!). This time I used the springform, which was great, especially if you're serving a large group and plan to eat it all in one evening. But in my opinion, springforms are messy when things have to go back in the freezer, so I think in the future, I will again use the pie dish when only making this for my immediate family.

Grasshopper Torte

15-18 Oreo cookies, finely chopped/crushed
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 7-oz. jar marshmallow creme
1 Tablespoon milk
3 cups frozen vanilla yogurt, softened
1 8-oz. container Cool Whip
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
8 drops green food coloring

1. Combine cookies and butter in bowl. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of springform pan (or bottom and sides of pie dish). Place in fridge to chill.

2. Combine marshmallow creme and milk; whisk. Whisk in yogurt until well-blended. Fold in whipped topping, extract, and food coloring. Pour over prepared crust. Cover and freeze until firm, 8 hours or overnight.

Garnish with additional chopped cookies.

Serves 12.

3 comments:

Jody said...

Hi! Just wanted you to know that I stopped by...your princess is adorable. =) I will be back to print your grasshopper torte AND Carrot cake recipes. I am a lover of carrot cake! We had it at out wedding. Anyway, thanks for your note on my blog. I hope to be feeling great by tomorrow. Maybe if I make carrot cake I'll be back to my 'old self' soon. Thanks for reading Nitty.Gritty. See ya around! Ciao for now~

Anonymous said...

i think i would like to come over right now:)

Anonymous said...

hey, i really like this cake. wish i could have been there
(p.s. i am checking your blog...see, two notes already!)

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs