Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Hungry???

I am...and I wish we were having this for dinner...but I'll put it on my list for the weekend!

Sorry I've let you guys down on my weekly recipes, but this one is sure to please! Do you have any requests for types of recipes you'd like me to share??? Let me know!

This recipe comes from Southern Living (last summer, I think) and is perfect for a church potluck, lunch, or a light dinner. Plus, it's really pretty, layered in a glass dish (I use this lidded trifle dish--pictured below--from Southern Living at Home and I love it! ) Please note that 1)this recipe needs a minimum of 2 hours to chill and 2) the picture below does NOT feature the recipe I'm sharing, just my pretty dish that I like to use :)

Layered Antipasto Salad

3 cups uncooked penne pasta

2.5 cups broccoli florets

1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley

2 cups chopped tomato

1/2 pound deli roast beef slices, cut into strips

1/2 small red onion, sliced

1 cup Caesar dressing

6 provolone cheese slices, cut into strips

1. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 2 minutes of cooking time; drain. Rinse and cool. Toss with parsley.

2. Place half of pasta mixture in a 4-quart glass bowl; top with half each of tomatoes, beef, and onions. Repeat layers once. Pour dressing evenly over salad. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or overnight. Top with cheese before serving.

Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

Jillian Marie said...

This sounds wonderful and pretty simple too!! I have a similar dish I received as a wedding present from my Pastor and his wife, just perfect for this recipe!

Cindy Tobey said...

Wow! Sounds yummy! I'm going to try this! TFS! Happy Easter!

Marianne said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe, Kimber. It's a keeper! I made this yesterday for a quick, light dinner with some friends. It got rave reviews by all, and I loved how easy it was to make too! In the spirit of authentic antipasta I added black olives too but that's just because I'm an olive enthusiast. Thanks for sharing!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs