Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 24 of 31: A Fall Mantle


I love looking at mantles...but in reality, mine stays much the same all year long. My goal is to change it up a bit this year...here's the beginning of this season's mantle below. The framed tin on the wall was found so many years ago at The Screen Door in Asheville. My sweet handyman built the frame around it, and it's one of my favorite things. 

My plan is to change the color on these pumpkins a bit for November...but orange is good for this month!


Here's some inspiration from my pinterest boards for autumn mantles:

I love the yellow pops of color here...especially the chevron windowpane!

 via

White pumpkins and books stacked with the pages facing out make me happy.

 via

I think the mirrored fireplace with candles is genius.

 via

I love the rustic pumpkins and wreath in this more formal setting.


And there are plenty more ideas here:


I'd love to see your autumn mantles! Leave a link in the comments! And don't forget to sign up for the giveaway here!


~This is Day 24 of 31 Days. You can find all posts in the series here 31 Days of Making this House our Home.

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs