Saturday, October 04, 2014

Day 4: My favorite outdoor spot


Almost a year ago, we added a hammock to this corner of our backyard. There is a little cluster of trees that provides the perfect amount of shade for resting, reading, or dreaming in the hammock.


I love wondering where the kiddos are…only to look and find them talking together on the hammock. I love overhearing their adventures while running around it. (I think it looks like it would make a pretty good ship, personally.)

I love it when Brent says he's going to go read a book in the hammock…but he takes a pillow along too!

And hearing Hadleigh ask if she can spend her quiet time on the hammock on a nice afternoon reminds me that a hammock was the perfect birthday gift for her last year.


I love piling into the hammock with them to read and talk and just enjoy being together.

The autumn is my favorite time of year to be outside…and we are finally enjoying some cooler temps now! Do you have a favorite spot outside? I'd love to hear about it!

1 comment:

Jen Kershner said...

Such a truly beautiful family!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs