Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Looking forward



Twenty Fourteen dawned for us after a whirlwind of a fall and holiday season.

It's been a whole week now.

I've been soaking in the slow days. Enjoying the post-Christmas and pre-back to school ease of last week. Finding our first week of 2014 homeschool a cold and cozy and treasured collection of hours so far. Going slowly, day by day and space by space in organizing our home.

I let this place go quietly, despite my plans for blogging while we traveled. Best laid plans and such.

But the quiet has been so welcome. It provided space for thought and space for just being in the moment with my family.

I'm looking forward to making more quiet places and spaces in life this year. Looking forward to chasing some dreams. Looking forward to making fruitful hours instead of busy ones. Looking forward to spending more time in this space with you, too.

What are you looking forward to in 2014?

2 comments:

Jen Kershner said...

That sounds lovely. I love tour ability to value the small moments.

I'm looking forward to a year filled with creativity this year.

Brenda Pruitt said...

I'm hoping to find a place I want to move to. I just found your blog from clicking on another. That is a fantastic photo there!
Brenda

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs