Thursday, July 13, 2006

Not for the faint of heart.

Being a mother, that is.

We had an unexpected trip to the doctor this morning for this little girl.
Not fun at all. She has a UTI...which is tough to diagnose until you get a pee sample which is hard to get from an almost 3 year old because it hurts.

But she did better than I expected. And hopefully in 10 days, this will all be behind us. (hmmm...could the pool be the culprit???)

I do not like going to the doctor. It surprises me how well I do taking my children for check-ups, shots, and the occasional illness. (I fainted once after having a TB test...the summer before I went to college...shhhh....don't tell anyone else!) So it surprises me that I can hold my child calmly without getting weak and light-headed when they have to get their shots.

I hate seeing my children in pain...and I am thankful that God heals and that He has gifted doctors to help ease pain and help in His healing.

What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Hey! I had no idea you had a blog! I'm so excited to read up on you everyday! I found your blog through our statcounter.

I'm sorry about Hadleigh's little illness...hopefully she'll be well soon. I can't believe how grownup your kiddos are...they're adorable. And I can't get over Hadleigh's hair color. She looks like her mama now. Just precious.

Miss and love you...I can't wait to read your blog.

Krista Smith said...

Aww...poor thing! and poor mama. I hope she's all better soon. UTI's can be nasty business.

I never think about that, about people having a hard time going to the doctor. (I'm in nursing school, so I'm around it all the time and have taken my OWN blood before.)

cute pictures.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs