Mmmmm....just seeing that makes me want to make breakfast for dinner. I pulled out an old recipe that I had saved but never made...I think it was from Cooking Light...Baked Coconut French Toast with Tropical Fruit. Loved it. Hope you do too.
Baked Coconut French Toast with Tropical Fruit
1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
1 cup peeled mango, chopped
1 cup peeled papaya, chopped
1 cup peeled kiwi, chopped
3 Tbsp. sugar
3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
French Toast Ingredients:
16 slices French baguette, sliced diagonally
1 1/4 cup light coconut milk
1 1/4 cup egg substitute (or 5 large eggs, as I used)
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1/2 cup flaked coconut, sweet (I used the large raw chips which are unsweeted)
1. To prepare fruit compote, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
2. Arrange bread in a single layer in a 13x9" baking dish coated with Pam. Combine all other ingredients (except shredded coconut), stir, and pour over bread evenly. Turn bread over to coat. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Remove bread from fridge. Turn bread over and sprinkle with coconut. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
4. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes until coconut is golden. French toast will puff up beautifully but will fall after taken out of the oven.
5. Serve warm with the fruit.