So, what do you think of the new look? I was so excited when I learned that I had won a giveaway for a blog design by Kelly of Fabulous K! She was SO easy to work with and very accomodating to this detail and symmetry-loving girl! I am so very pleased with how it all turned out!
It's been awhile since I've shared a recipe...sorry for slacking! But this should make up for it! I made this yesterday as an anniversary dessert, and it is delish. I think it will be even better tonight, since it didn't get all the chill time it deserved yesterday!
Caramel-Chocolate Mud Cheesecake (who can resist a title like that?!?)
1 single refrigerated piecrust (or homemade 9" crust)
6 (2.07 oz) Snickers candy bars, diced
1 1/2 lbs. cream cheese, softened (3 8-oz. packages)
1 1/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 Tbsp. flour
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter, warmed slightly
1/2 cup caramel topping
1/4 cup chopped semisweet chocolate, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Press piecrust into bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan and place pan on prepared baking sheet.
2. Bake until very light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Scatter candy bar pieces over baked crust.
3. In a mixer bowl, blend cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and flour until smooth. Blend in sour cream and whipping cream and then add both types of chocolate chips. Using a spatula, swirl in the peanut butter and caramel topping.
4. Pour batter over candy bar pieces in pan. Place pan on prepared baking sheet and bake 55 to 70 minutes or until center is set. Cool and then chill at least 8 hours or overnight before serving.
5. Drizzle warm melted chocolate over top of cake before serving (or up to 2 hours ahead.)