This recipe has been on my list to try for a long time...and it does have some autumn flavors...but really, it's delicious with a cup of tea any time of year.
Chai Spiced Cookies
2-3 spiced chai tea bags
3 cups flour
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1.5 cups butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
2 Tbsp. molasses
1 recipe Powdered Sugar icing
1. Remove tea bag contents (to make 3 tsp.) and discard bags. In a medium bowl, combine tea, flour, and pumpkin pie spices.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and molasses. Beat in flour mixture until combined. Cookie dough will be stiff.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment. Using a 1.5-inch cookie scoop, drop dough onto cookie sheet, leaving space in between each cookie. Using three fingers, gently press cookie to flatten, then do the same in the opposite direction.
4. Bake for 12 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes and then transfer cookies to rack to cool completely. After completely cooled, drizzle each cookie with icing. Makes 2-3 dozen cookies.
Powdered Sugar Icing
1.5 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
4 tsp. milk
1. Combine ingredients. Stir in additional 1 tsp. milk at a time until icing is a good consistency for drizzle.
Store cookies room temperature for 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Hope you've enjoyed this week!