Friday, October 10, 2014

Day 10: Favorite new (to me) company


I first discovered LS Slipcovers when I came across this photo from Holly Mathis' instagram feed:


I loved the details of the chair, especially that oversize monogram, and enjoyed reading about the artisan quality of these slipcovers. The only drawback was that this company was in Houston, TX.

Fast forward a couple months. Over at Nesting Place, Myquillyn shared that Laura and Nathan of LS Slipcovers would be doing a southern tour, meeting clients in their homes and designing slipcovers by pin-fitting the furniture and then taking the fabric back to TX and mailing it a few weeks later.

I called and spoke with Nathan that same day. My slipcovered chair that had been purchased for our nursery 11 years ago was in need of a new look to coordinate with our now nursery-less home.

After a few weeks of planning and working out details, this week I drove up to Atlanta with my chair to meet Laura and Nathan (and their adorable children!) It was so much fun to watch Laura take pieces of linen and pin-fit my chair…it's a bit mesmerizing to watch! They were both so kind and friendly and personable. I felt like I was just hanging out with friends. Before I knew it, an hour and a half had passed and we were done.

And now I get to anticipate receiving my new slipcover!


So here's my chair. I love this chair…it just needs a fresh look! I chose a flax-colored linen, and asked for small box pleats, similar to this picture below but ones that skim the floor, as I want to hide the gliding mechanism.



I'm so excited I can hardly wait! So in the meantime, I'm  thinking about what else I could have slipcovered!

If you're in Texas, you should definitely check them out…but I know they are working on ways to work with out of state clients, so don't let your location hold you back from getting in touch with them.


No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs