I've been tagged by Kelli!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Mmm...I like both, depending on my mood...but I love hot chocolate with whipped cream on top!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa gifts sit unwrapped under the tree!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I love white lights the best!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put up your decorations? Since we usually travel over Christmas, we decorate the week after Thanksgiving...I love decorating for Christmas!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Sweet Potato Casserole...the kind with pecan streusel on top...no marshmallows for me.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Okay, I have two: when I was six or seven, Mom and Dad built this fort in the living room out of the large waffle blocks that were part of my brother's presents...our Santa gifts were arranged in and around the fort. It was magical! And then for many, many years (I'm the oldest of four children) all four of us would secretly stockpile blankets and pillows and stuffed animals in our front coat closet so that we could hide there at night to watch for Santa. I don't think we ever did sleep in it, but the anticipation and planning each Christmas Eve day was so much fun. Even now as an adult, I miss doing that!
8. When and how did you learn that Santa isn't real? I don't remember exactly, although I think I held on for a long time so that it was still special for my little brother and sister.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Well, we celebrate Christmas Eve with my husband's family, so we open those gifts Christmas Eve and then gifts with my family Christmas Day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Together as a family...hopefully with a fire and egg nog and Christmas music!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love the snow. I always wish for a white Christmas!
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but only forward :) When I was little I wanted to be a figure skater!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Growing up, I loved getting clothes and accessories for my American Girl dolls.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with my family and teaching our children about the greatest gift ever given--Jesus Christ.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My mom makes a delicious dessert: Peppermint ice cream served in a pink meringue bowl, topped with homemade hot fudge and sprinkled with crushed peppermint candy. It's SO good!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? This year, we have started Advent devotions and I think that is becoming my favorite tradition. And growing up, we always read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas before going to sleep Christmas Eve, then wake up early, open stockings first without peeking at the tree, then read the account of Christ's birth before opening gifts. I love that tradition.
I am tagging Hilary, Marianne, and Jillian!