Thursday, December 07, 2006

A Day Late

I hope none of you were too disappointed to not find a post and recipe yesterday :) I've been trying to cross things off my to-do list...and I'm slowly (if not steadily) making progress!

I'm having fun working on making some gifts for Christmas...getting organized/decorated/menu-ready for a Christmas Coffee that I'm hosting next week...thinking about the Christmas cards I need to get started on...thinking about being with family for Christmas (and meeting my almost one-year old niece for the first time!)

Of course, I keep seeing all these great crafts that I want to make and there are pages I want to scrapbook and activities I want to do with the kiddos and SO many yummy-sounding recipes I want to try...so I have resolved that next year (I know, I know, easy to say now) I will be done shopping, card-making, etc. by the very beginning of December so that I can just enjoy these days without the crunch of time!

In honor of the 27 degree weather outside (whooo-hooo!) here is a recipe for a Hot Chocolate Mix that will last you a LONG time! My sister-in-law gave it to me and it is yummy!

Hot Chocolate Mix

one 8-quart package Carnation Dry Milk
1 1/2 lbs. Nestle Quik (dry mix)
10 oz. jar Coffeemate Creamer
1/2 lb. Powdered Sugar (I usually use the whole box!)

In a VERY large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
Store in an airtight container.

For each cup of hot chocolate, stir together 4 Tbsp. chocolate mix to 1 cup boiling water. (You may need to adjust the amount of chocolate mix and water to suit your taste.) Top with marshmallows, peppermint sticks, etc. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jillian Marie said...

Hi Kimber-Leigh! I wish you all the luck with your resolution for next years Christmas duties. This was the year I said I would start thinking about gifts, cards deco, etc. semi- early, and Yay I did it!!! This is the first Dec. in many years that I will enjoy the whole month long relievd of any major to do lists! Much Holiday Cheer,
Jillian

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs