Monday, December 01, 2008

December First, really?

I really can't believe it's already December. Usually, I am thrilled by the beginning of advent, of awaiting Christmas...and while I'm really excited about this month this year, I've been a little reluctant to begin.

Usually, I want to get started right after Thanksgiving. So when Brent asked me if I wanted to get our tree this past Friday, you can imagine his surprise when I said not yet. And the reason is, I'm really a little sad to take away my fall decorations...mostly because I found them and put them up Thanksgiving morning. (One of the "perks" of moving, I guess.) And they look so warm and cozy...so I'll share them with you here, and then maybe I'll feel better about putting them away tomorrow so that we can start decorating tomorrow night!
I haven't seen these pumpkins in several years...thanks to the black hole that is our attic...but I'm so glad I rediscovered them! I just love them...and of course, the leaves!
This wreath and candle are usually on my dining room table...but the pumpkins pictured above were the centerppiece for our Thanksgiving dinner with friends, hence the wreath on the kitchen island, complete with yummy cranberry sauce!

And this one's especially for Shawna...since she's been asking for house pictures for the last 6 months! We've been building lots of fires already...which makes everything so cozy. Thankfully, fires get to continue through the winter! (That is, obviously, our living room. You can see the kitchen through the doorway on the right, and the section of wall you see in the foreground is a corner of the dining room. Picture taken from the entry.)

There are a few other little knick-knacks, mostly fall and Thanksgiving crafts made by Hadleigh and Nathanael...so I guess now, I'll get to look forward to next year!

And don't get me wrong, I am SO excited about decorating and celebrating Christmas! It just always means that my favorite season is over for the year. But I'm really looking forward to a month brimming with excitement, joy, and surprises!

I'm also beginning today, my December Daily album, a project thought up by Ali Edwards...but more on that tomorrow! I'm off tonight to my first Christmas event of the month...our squadron spouses Christmas Coffee! Looking forward to it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful, cozy home. Your fireplace is wonderful! Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

That is your house??!!! OMG it is amazing! It looks so cozy and inviting! Just lovely. Thank you for sharing!

Rita said...

You have a gorgeous home! I didn't decorate at all for Thanksgiving, but started on a few things for Christmas today. Many of our decorations were lost/broken in our last move, so I'm hoping to start acquiring some new ones :)

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely decorations. I can see why you wouldn't want to put them away yet.

vtpuggirl said...

I hear you about the end of fall, the air even smells different after thanksgiving. I'll miss fall too. Have fun at the coffee.

Shawna said...

thank you, thank you, thank you. now i can picture where you are and how lovely it is! love you.

Unknown said...

ohhhhh, i love it! Great job, Kimber!
I felt the same way about the fall decorations. Fall is not very long- it seems like after Halloween and after Thanksgiving is all the time for keeping the decorations up. Not long enough! Especially if they are in a box half that time! :)

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs