If you're still looking for something sweet (and somewhat healthy) to surprise someone with tomorrow, may I suggest individual fruit pizzas?
My dear friend Jen made these for our Valentines Party last year & I think they were my favorite detail of the party.
Maybe it was the sweet vintage-style valentine picks she added...or how yummy fresh fruit is on top of a cookie...but regardless, these were a huge hit! Here's my recipe for this sweet treat!
Valentine Individual Fruit Pizzas
Cookie Base: (or use your favorite sugar cookie recipe)
1 cup butter, room temp
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 cup sifted flour
8 oz. cream cheese, room temp
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
an assortment of fresh fruit, sliced
1. Cream together butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat in the egg. Add vanilla, salt, and flour and mix until all are well-blended. Chill dough for 3-4 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Roll out cookie dough on a floured surface and cut with desired cookie cutters. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes. Then bake for 8-10 minutes, until cookies are just barely colored. Allow to cool completely on wire rack.
4. Meanwhile, create filling by mixing together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer.
5. When cookies are cool, spread each cookie with cream cheese filling and top with sliced fruit.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.