Here's what's on my list for this summer:
- reading. Lots of reading. I'll be back next week with a post about what books are on my summer shelf!
- learning. I will be working through Andrew Pudewa's Teaching Writing: Structure and Style in order to use it's format next year in our homeschool.
- quilting! A good friend this past year has completed two quilts using her children's baby clothes. I am in the midst of cutting lots and lots of six-inch squares…and pretty soon, I'm going to be using that gorgeous pincushion above while stitching them all together. (Pincushion was made by my sweet friend, Jen Kershner. She is full of inspiration!) I've never quilted before…and most of my sewing projects have included only simple straight lines, so I'll keep you posted. But I am SO excited about this project.
- writing. I'm hoping to start a steady writing routine. I used to write all the time in my pre-mothering days. I feel that desire beginning again.
- art. There are a few things that I've put off trying. Watercolor. Letterpress. Calligraphy. In the last year or so, I've taken some classes and acquired supplies. I generally get discouraged from trying because of the preparation involved and mess that accompanies these…but I think it's time to put them to use!
What are you hoping to begin or begin again this summer? I'd love to hear all about it! And now, I'm off to cut more fabric while my kiddos are at VBS! Have a wonderful day!