Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Catchin' up.

Wow...it's been awhile.

Had a great time seeing San Antonio...we got to visit with old friends--some Air Force friends and the pastor who married us and his family, got to visit the church he planted and pastors now(which is awesome! So refreshing!)...we visited the Alamo, Sea World, rode a boat down the River Walk, ate yummy Mexican food, had LOTS of ice cream, drank lots of water (it was h-o-t), went to The Rainforest Cafe on the River Walk, and got to shop at the fabulous outlets in San Marcos for a little while(Pottery Barn, anyone?)! Hadleigh just loved seeing Shamu (the picture of her below is her watching the show. Did I mention we had ice cream? On that note, Haagen-Dazs has this great new flavor...really good! And you gotta love some Marble Slab...and Dairy Queen...

Here are a couple pictures


A great trip...it's always good to get away for a little while.

Lately, I've been taking morning walks, courtesy of our new (to us) double jogger...Hadleigh loves to see all the animals we encounter (mostly rabbits and dogs, although we did see two ducks our first morning and I think I might have spied a bobcat (or some kind of wild cat) a little too close for my comfort.)

And most importantly, an update on little Spencer, who I asked for prayer for. The news we've heard so far went from great (right after the surgery) to really bad (another "surprise" surgery required to fix the problem) and then to doing okay. I haven't heard anything since Wednesday of last week...my friend and supplier of information is on vacation so hopefully things are going well. Continue to pray for healing and strength...Spencer's parents amaze me. But I know that they must be tired and weary. I'll update again when I know more.

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs