Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Getting warm here

The last two days have been in the 70's, which is amazing since we had snow exactly one week ago...but I digress.

I do love the feel of the approach of spring...it makes me want to go on picnics, take long walks, and buy lots of fresh fruit. So, since fruit sounds good right now (and Hilary mentioned I post lots of desserts), here is an old favorite (acquired from Pampered Chef) I look forward to making soon...you know when I am feeling like cooking again :) It is light and delicious and addicting! (and you can substitute some with the fruit selection to suit your taste.)

Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips

Chips:
1 Tbsp. sugar plus 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon, combined
4 flour tortillas

Salsa:
1 cup frozen (or fresh) raspberries
2 peaches, peeled and chopped
2 kiwi, peeled, sliced, and quartered
1 tsp. lime zest
2 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp. sugar

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray tortillas with water; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Cut each tortilla into eight wedges. Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.

2. Combine all salsa ingredients and mix gently.

Yield: 2 cups salsa and 32 chips.

Enjoy--I'm off to make a snack...popcorn maybe...because I'm getting hungry and that isn't good for this mommy-to-be! Thanks for all the well-wishes for this sweet baby...we are so very excited to meet her/him...and very anxious for this first trimester to be over...

1 comment:

Hilary said...

This sounds wonderful!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs