Friday, March 28, 2008

The Perfect Mascara

Over a year ago, I posted this post about my search for the perfect mascara. In the last year, I have tried three different mascaras and I have found the perfect one for me!

The following mascaras were recommended in that post from last year:
  • Great Lash by Maybelline (the famous pink tube!)
  • Dior Show
  • Lancome Defincils
  • Trish McEvoy BLACK lash curling mascara
I did not try the Trish McEvoy mascara...but only because I just now saw the comment! Silly me.

The Great Lash mascara I have tried several times ever since high school...and it just doesn't work for me.

I really liked how Lancome's Defincils lengthened my lashes...but I like a mascara that lengthens and gives more volume...so I was a bit dissapointed. But if you have thick lashes that need more length, I would give this one a try!

When I bought the Lancome mascara, I shopped during their promotion, so I also got a trial size mascara (great for an on-the-go makeup bag by the way!) of Lancome's Hypnose Custom Volume Mascara along with Cils Booster XL Super Enhancing Mascara Base. I really liked the results of using both products together. The booster is a white base that goes on first, followed by the Hypnose. The only drawback for me was the extra step. Not a huge deal...but I would rather just have one mascara that thickens and lengthens. (For the record, I did try the Hypnose by itself, but I didn't like the results as much.)

And then, well, there's DiorShow. It thickens and lengthens beautifully but it's still "soft"...my lashes don't feel so stiff that they could break. It rinses off easily in warm water. If I get it on my eyelids while applying, it comes off easily without smearing. The applicator rarely if ever gets clumpy so your lashes don't get clumpy. And the best thing? It smells good. I don't know what it smells like, but all other mascaras I've ever used have that same "mascara smell" and DiorShow doesn't smell like that. Funny, I know. But I like the smell. The only drawback for me is that they don't sell it where I live...so I either pay shipping or buy it when I'm in a "bigger city". But that's okay.

So thankful for the tip, Marianne! Maybe I'll try the Trish McEvoy for fun sometime...but for now, I'm using DiorShow.

6 comments:

stephanie howell said...

Bourjois Coup de Theatre Mascara
seriously.
that is all i have to say.
=)

{CuTe CaRd QuEeN} said...

oh my gosh- look how many recipies you posted over the months!!
Okay, I am totally making fun of Shawna's comment on the last post. It is sooo Shawna. In the first paragraph you talk about how much the brownies remind you of college, right?
Does she just read the title and comment, b/c the comment is "Didn't we make these in college?" Ohhh, I am sorry, Shawna, I am laughing out loud!!

{CuTe CaRd QuEeN} said...

Oh, and back to Mascara, the best sellers at Sephora are:
Lash Injection by Two faced
Bad Gal Lash by Benefit
I have seen both in action and they REALLY are amazing. They make lashes look so long, thick and totally noticable!!

Kimber-Leigh said...

I know dot...shawna's comment made me smile too!

Marianne said...

I knew you'd love it! It's the best. I don't even have to wear eyeliner when I wear DiorShow it goes on so thick. And the wand, oh the wand! It's so full and thick, and like you said, never clumps up! Try shopping for it on eBay if you can't find it in your town, you can get good deals on it there (just make sure you buy it rom someone in the US not overseas).

Anonymous said...

Lash Exact from Cover Girl
it was recommended to me by a makeup artist
she swears by it for all her brides
I love that my eyelashes stay curled, the rubber brush doesn't clump and that the waterproof still washes off with soap and water

stay away from that Great Lash - yuck! I don't know why the mags all recommend it. They must get HUGE ad $$ for each plug. LOL

Christi
your recipe pal on StudioCalico ;)

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs