Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Chocolate...for all ages

Last week was fall break for us...and combined with Daddy being on a week-long work trip, I planned for lots of fun moments to break up the monotony of our days.

One thing I had planned was plenty of sweet treats. Of course.

One of my favorite dessert treats growing up was Chocolate Clouds. Mom made these for us in my favorite sundae goblets...the kind that make you feel special! (I'm still looking for a set like my Mom's.)

I think what makes this very simple dessert even more special is knowing that my grandmother made these with my Mom. Love the ties from generation to generation.

Chocolate Clouds

Chocolate Clouds
chocolate pudding (box mix or your own homemade recipe)
1 cup (or more) whipping cream
powdered sugar
1/s tsp. vanilla
fancy clear glass dishes

1. Make pudding according to directions on package
or your recipe.
2. In a medium bowl, beat together whipping cream, powdered sugar to taste, and vanilla with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
3. Spread some whipping cream to cover the bottom and sides of each glass dish. Fill the cavity with chocolate pudding and then cover with remaining whipping cream. You don't want any chocolate to show through. You can garnish with fruit or just leave plain.
4. Enjoy!


And for the adult lover of chocolate, there's always the fashionable and yummy Chocolate Molten Cakes. I made these for the two of us when Brent got home from his trip.

Here are the cakes, out of the oven. Don't they look pretty?

And here, with sweetened whipped cream and raspberry sauce. I used this recipe from Tasty Kitchen for the cakes (a very basic but yummy recipe) and my own recipe for raspberry sauce, which follows.

An easy, pretty, and impressive dessert that you can easily make at home!

Raspberry Sauce

2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1 12 oz. package frozen raspberries

In a blender (or with an immersion blender, which I love!) mix all ingredients together until smooth. Place a fine sieve over a bowl and pour sauce over sieve. Press sauce through using the back of a spoon or spatula. Discard raspberry seeds.

Sauce will keep covered and refrigerated about one week. Delicious on ice cream, pancakes, waffles...

2 comments:

Debbie said...

oh yum !~ can i come hang out with you guys?!

The Mom said...

My mom used to make chocolate clouds when we were little! They were such a sweet treat!!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs