Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Found: patio table inspiration!


We have this great deck behind our house...perfect for relaxing, playing, listening to the songbirds...it was the setting for this year's annual Mothers Day picture. :)

We also have some wrought iron, distressed green patio furniture that I love...purchased way back when Hadleigh was a baby from Pier 1...but no patio table. And we love dining al fresco.  Which for the past few years has meant dragging our folding tables back and forth.  

I've always wanted a weathered, grey picnic style table (with one unattached bench) to pull our two chairs and loveseat up to for meals.

I always thought I'd find one at an antique/thrift/garage sale one day.

Enter Pinterest.  And this:



This comes from a really fun website Shanty 2 Chic, with lots of great ideas...and what makes it even better is that this specific project has free building plans from Ana White...we've used some of Ana's plans before for this little dress up station for the girls with great results.

And the best part? When I sent the link to Brent...he asked me to print out the plans!

Stay tuned...I'm hoping that we'll be enjoying more evening hours around a table just like this soon!

3 comments:

Jen Kershner said...

I love you! Jim has promised to make me a picnic table this year and I wanted one with detached benches and this is THE most gorgeous one I've ever seen and now I'm SO happy that he hasn't had a chance to do it yet.

Kimber-Leigh said...

yay...glad you love it too! isn't it perfect, jen? maybe we can challenge our husbands to see who can complete the project first ;)

Kimber-Leigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs