Thursday, January 11, 2007

So it goes


Hadleigh loves wearing sunglasses in the car...for a long time she wore them upside down and it always made me smile!

The glasses in the picture above are the first pair in about 4 that have not broken. I'm not sure how well the pink lenses shield her eyes from the sun, but she likes them and they're in one piece, and right now, I guess they'll do.

A few weeks ago, I noticed that they were missing. They usually stay in the pocket of the seat in front of her car seat, but I looked everywhere and could not find them. I guessed they had fallen out of the car at some point.

So today while at Target, I bought a pair of pink ones that I thought she would like (these have dark lenses that may actually shield her from the sun!)

When we got home, she spotted her empty Twinings tea canister (for her play kitchen) in the garage and went over to get it. When she shook it, it made a noise (side note: Hadleigh is obsessed with noises. Any noise she hears, she needs an explanation for. She's not usually scared of the noise but curious...) So when we opened the tin to discover what was making the noise, you guessed it. Her old sunglasses.

Does this happen to you too? It seems like as soon as I find a replacement for something I lost, the original turns up.

And, indulge me, the weather channel is calling for a high of 70 degrees today. Crazy. Hello, it's January. And tomorrow? Oh, the 30's with ice and wintry mixes through the weekend, 30ish highs through at least next Wednesday! Bring on the snow! I am crossing my fingers, having Brent bring firewood to the back porch, and hoping that the weatherman's predictions are true!

1 comment:

Cindy Tobey said...

Your daughter is too cute in those sunglasses. My son has a thing for sunglasses. Always begging for another pair. Yep, I too find stuff after I replace it.

We are bracing ourselves for a snow/ice storm here in MI. Snow day tomorrow for sure. :)

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs