Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Paper Princess

On our last trip to the library we checked out this book:
This story of a paper doll princess who is blown away from the girl who made her is imaginative and sweet. The pictures are vivid and full of so many great details!

After reading this, Hadleigh wanted to make a paper princess, so I sketched a doll and Hadleigh decided she wanted the doll to look like the one in the story...so we worked on coloring it together, under Hadleigh's careful instructions:

She has had so much fun playing with it...and when it's forgotten about, one day it shows up in an unexpected place and is "new" again! We also made a prince for Nathanael, who has white feathers for hair :) Hadleigh's princess is waiting for me to finish knitting a scarf that I began long ago, so that she can have the perfect soft, wispy, brown hair that Hadleigh was imagining!

I love that my children love reading! And it's so much fun to bring the stories to life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They love to read because their Mommy loves to read!
You are a wonderful Mommy...as well as a very wonderful daughter. I love you, Mom

mborrero said...

adorable!

namaste
Melina

living, creating, and appreciating
~my blog
Daisy girl for Color Me Daisy

Jen Kershner said...

I think a love of reading is one of the most important gifts you can give a child. Sadly, they don't always accept the gift. I have one that rarely reads unless she has to and my little one can't hardly pull her nose out of a book. She read at least 2 yesterday!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs