Friday, August 28, 2009

Perfect Peace

"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock." Isaiah 26:3-4

This verse has been on my mind and in my heart since last Friday.

This past Tuesday, Brent's dad had open-heart surgery. It had originally been scheduled for late September, but was moved up after he experienced chest pain last weekend. Thankfully, Brent was already there with his parents. My Mom was here with me. We felt blessed to see God's providence in our lives. Blessed to see the outpouring of support of friends and family and church to Brent and his parents in the days leading up to, during, and after the surgery.

I have been so blessed by this verse. To see and to feel and to grasp the reality of its truth. Brent's parents...Brent and his brother...my parents...extended family...when I've talked with them or read their emails, there has just been such a peace about them. And I know that it is there because their minds are stayed on Christ. On our Lord and Savior. The Great Physician. We know that He is Sovereign. That His plan is always good. And because we look to Him, we stay our minds and our gaze on Him, we have peace. And a peace that is not of our understanding...

Peace throughout a surgery that seemed to go very well. Then peace through a very difficult night. Peace through a second surgery. Peace through waiting. Peace through improvements and then setbacks. Peace through each day. Peace through each night. Peace through the beginning of a long road to recovery.

Perfect peace. An everlasting rock. May my mind always be stayed on you, Lord.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

I need to say this verse daily and commit it to memory. Thank you...

Love you.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs