Saturday, August 29, 2009

Thirty.

Today I enter my thirties.
I'm excited about it.
Excited to think about what the next decade of my life will hold.
About how I will grow.
What I will learn.
How my family will grow.
Excited to think about all that I want to accomplish during these years. Because if there's anything I learned from my twenties, it's that the time will go by fast.

There are things that I know will happen during the next ten years...like having no children in diapers, teaching all three children how to read, celebrating 10 (and 15) years of marriage, Brent reaching retirement with the Air Force (wow!). But there are so many things that will come as a surprise...so many blessings...probably some heartache...lots of moments for true growth in God's grace to occur.

So, I welcome thirty with open arms.

(And about that cake. Stefanie's Ultimate Red Velvet Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. Perfectly delicious. And just for the record, I did blow out ALL thirty candles!)

2 comments:

Jeremy and Melissa said...

Happy Birthday, Kimber! I hope that you had a FABULOUS day! Miss you tons. Welcome to the 30s club. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kimber-Leigh! Yes, enjoy your Thirties...because time doesn't slow down. If anything, once your children reach 5 and beyond it goes faster. Enjoy each moment. ~~Vicki Ross

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs