Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Inspired by Pinterest

A few months ago, I got an invite to join Pinterest.  It is similar to Tumblr, which I blogged about at some point, but EVEN better, in my opinion.  Because I love it, I thought I'd share a bit about it today.  I also thought that I'd share once a week or so some of the images that have inspired me.

If you're anything like me, you have a list of bookmarks to rival the Library of Congress catalog saved on your computer, full of blogs, recipes, stores, DIY ideas, gift ideas, articles, etc.  And it's hard to know what's what...even if your bookmarks are super organized.

Enter Pinterest.  It's like having virtual pinboards for every topic you desire.  When you see an image on the internet somewhere, click a button on your bookmarks bar (that you've installed), and every image on that page appears.  You select the image you desire to save and "pin it" to your choice of your boards.  It automatically creates a link from the picture on your board to the original source, so you don't have to worry about that.  Easy peasy.

Now, I'll be honest, it can become a bit addicting, once you start to follow the boards of friends/acquaintances...but you choose who you want to follow.  It's fun to "repin" things that others have pinned that you find inspiring.  But that novelty wears off after a bit...and your Pinterest boards become an area of organization and beauty unique to you. :)  When I have a few minutes, I'll browse the boards I follow...and when my tea is done, so am I.

Since it's the first week of May, I've had flowers on my mind...so here are a few "floral" pieces of inspiration from a few of my different boards:

Isn't this floral frog gorgeous? It's on my "wish list" board.  I'd love to find one similar to this someday!

Ranunculus just makes me smile. And I love the display piece. From my "Happy" board.



 Why not let flowers inspire your wardrobe? I love this springy outfit on my "Fashionable" board.

 via
 I'd love to make this pillow, though I'd make mine hydrangea blue :)  Found on my "Crafty Projects" board.
And another crafty project, these felt flowers would just be a perfect complement for so many things...a cardigan, wreath, canvas bag, or Hadleigh's headband!

Let me know if you have a Pinterest account...and if you want to create one, leave me your email in the comments (or feel free to email me at neweverymorning2@gmail.com), and I'll send you an invitation right away!

6 comments:

jamie long said...

I think mine is joshnwillsma, but im not for sure lol. I have those last ones pinned as well.

ArlaMo said...

I think we already follow each other :) I LOVE pinterest and am trying to make sure its not just an addiction, but actually use it!

Sarah said...

I love Pinterest, too! I've gotten SO many great ideas from other people's boards and it's been great for organizing for me. I totally neeeeeed those flats from that outfit- cute!

Unknown said...

Sign me up for that floral frog too!

Tina said...

I just got on Pinterest this week and I have no idea how to use it. Will have to figure it out soon because there's so much lovely stuff on there. Anyhoo, mine is lifelovpaper...I think. :)

Jen Kershner said...

I want that floral frog too! If you happen to find 2... I've never seen anything like it. I'm a bit addicted to pinterest too. I love storing my inspiration there.

Thanks for the advice on the curtain rods. I was thinking that very same thing and I thought it's $150 for a house I plan on spending the rest of my days in. I'm going to go for it! Thanks for the encouragement. You are always so sweet.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs