Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Just Plain Yummy

I was going to share something different today, but after our dinner last night, I have to share this recipe I stumbled upon by reading Jody's blog. This is her recipe for Spaghetti Pie, and my whole family already LOVES it! I am not a fan of traditional spaghetti...I don't think I've ever made it before, to be honest...So it was fun to finally hear Hadleigh's pronounciation of the word: Pisketti.
The recipe below is how I made the Spaghetti Pie, but you can find Jody's original version here. I made this in my Pampered Chef deep dish pie dish, which I love! I served this with a Greek salad...and garlic bread would make a great accompaniment! I hope you enjoy this as much as we did (Brent and I both admitted that we had a desire to devour the whole pie...thankfully, our self-control was stronger than our desire!) And thank you, Jody, for sharing such a great and easy recipe!

Spaghetti Pie

1 box spaghetti (I used half of a 1 pound box)
2 Tbsp. butter
1 pound ground beef
1/3 cup parmesan cheese (I used a little extra)
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup cottage cheese (I used about 1.5 cups)
1 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce
1/2 to 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
2. Cook ground beef until browned; drain off fat. Add spaghetti sauce to meat and mix well.
3. Drain spaghetti and return to saucepan. Toss spaghetti with butter until melted. Stir in parmesan cheese and eggs until well-combined.
4. Lightly spray deep pie dish with cooking spray; press spaghetti into and up sides of pie dish to form a crust. Spread cottage cheese over spaghetti. Spread beef over cheese and noodles. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbly.

1 comment:

Ella said...

i just made this tonight and it was a hit!! ALL of my boys had seconds. Brian said it tasted like a cross between spaghetti and lasagna...I did add a lot of extra sauce for his sake...the saucier the better is his opinion! thanks for the recipe. We will definitely have it again.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs