Saturday, May 12, 2007

A Week of Wednesdays: Day 4

Here's a deliciously light recipe that is on my menu for next week. I'm thinking next Sunday's lunch. And maybe the price of blueberries will have gone down by then! It's a Cooking Light recipe...and you can also find it on the website I shared yesterday.Hope you are having a great Saturday! Enjoy!

1 (10-ounce) package Italian-blend salad greens (about 6 cups)
2 cups grilled chicken breast strips (such as Louis Rich; about 6 ounces)
1 cup blueberries
1 cup quartered strawberries
1 cup sliced banana
1 cup sliced peeled kiwifruit (about 3 kiwifruit)
2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
2 tablespoons herbed goat cheese
Raspberry Dressing (recipe follows)

1. Arrange 1 1/2 cups salad greens on each of 4 plates. Divide the remaining ingredients except Raspberry Dressing equally among 4 plates. Drizzle each serving with 3 tablespoons Raspberry Dressing.

Yield: 4 servings

Raspberry Dressing

1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup raspberry or red wine vinegar
1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1. Combine all the ingredients; stir with a whisk.

Yields: 3/4 cup

2 comments:

Jillian Marie said...

your recipes are always so wonderful, especially this one...
I will definitely have to add the ingredients to my grocery list!!

Hope all is well with you! xo

Come and Go With Us said...

Hey, I was home for mother's day weekend and had the chance to hang out with Julie Wimbish (Whiteside) and her new edition to her family. Anyway, we were talking and I asked about you and she told me about your blog. It has been so long since I've even talked to you but it's been cool reading some of these and seeing how you are doing. I also tried this recipe for dinner tonight and it was great!! Thanks! Great for the single on the go life! Well, God has blessed you with a wonderful family! Tell all your fam I said hello! I would love to hear from you(tianarobinson@gmail.com). Again it's great to see you are doing so good! Be blessed!
Tiana Robinson

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs