Sunday, October 14, 2012

Day 14 of 31: Sunrise, Sunset


I have a thing for sunsets. I love that fading light of day. The glow. The warmth.


I love that no matter whether your view is the still lake of a retreat, the horizon of the plains, the mountain peaks of the Appalachians, or the treeline of a Virginia neighborhood, there is the glow of the sunset.  Even in New York City, the fading light of day can be reflected in the windows that face the west.

We love catching the sunset, peeking out the upstairs windows to capture our own views. I love that I have sunset memories in each of our homes.


And as for that often elusive sunrise, if I lived on this lake point, I think I'd wake up in time to watch the day begin much more often.



~This is Day 14 of 31 Days. You can find all posts in the series here 31 Days of Making this House our Home.

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs