Monday, October 29, 2012

Day 29 of 31: Friends to visit


Today, I'd like to introduce you to three people that continually inspire me in the quest to create a home out of the house we live in. They are currently all living in relatively-new-to-them homes, all for very different reasons. Perhaps one of their situations is similar to yours? 

These ladies are so unique...but all of them have lovely blogs that I look at on an almost-daily basis. 


The first is the lovely Edie of life{in}grace

Last year, her 31 Days was when I first "met" her. She chronicles the loss of a home destroyed by fire and relates the journey of her family through that loss to the rebuilding of their home. I especially love this post from last year.

Edie is writing about hospitality for 31 days this year, and it's definitely an encouraging and challenging must-read!


Next, my friend Stephanie of Just me, My soldier, and Our 4 little chicks. Stephanie and I first "met" at an online scrapbooking website...only to discover that we went to college together & that she was the freshman roommate of one of my dearest friends! Small world. :)

As an army wife, Stephanie moves her family all around the country, quickly making each new place feel like home. She embraces the change and creatively makes each house reflect not only her personal style but the love she has for her family. They just moved to Rhode Island (for a similar, one-year military school like us!), and the picture above shows their empty home there upon arrival. Her post entitled Full is one of my favorites. 



And finally, sweet Jen of The Cottage Nest. 

Jen and her family abandoned the suburban life to pursue their cottage dream in a quaint village. She'll tell you (and it's so obvious to her readers) what a blessing this change has been. The cottage life fits Jen to a tee...and I love reading about her village adventures and seeing the way she is currently making their house a home.

All these ladies are also creatives...and their blogs are a great source of creative inspiration as well. I hope you find them each to be as lovely as I have.

Please don't forget about the giveaway! Tomorrow is the last day to enter...and I'll announce the winner on the 31st...so long as we have an internet connection!

~This is Day 29 of 31 Days. You can find all posts in the series here 31 Days of Making this House our Home.

2 comments:

Jen Kershner said...

Thank you for sweetly including me in this post. I'm honored that you did! I find your blog to be equally as lovely!

Stephanie Howell said...

you are so so sweet my beautiful friend.xoxo

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs