Monday, October 08, 2012

Day 8 of 31: Celebrate


The month of October brings three birthdays in our family, all within 12 days. :) Needless to say, this is a month when we celebrate.


I've been thinking about celebrating.

It's easy to celebrate the big things. Birthdays and anniversaries and weddings and new babies. Adoptions and baptisms and new careers and even funerals.

It's important to celebrate the big things. The milestones of life are to be noticed and celebrated and remembered.

But as I pulled out our "Special Red Plate" for Hadleigh's birthday today, I remembered why I had bought more than just one. I wanted to have a plate for each child, where I recorded the moments we used it on the bottom of the plate in ceramic pen.

For days when someone lost a first tooth. Read a book by themselves for the first time. Hit a first homerun. Showed a kindness that no one noticed except Mom or Dad. For days when feelings are hurt.  Days when disappointment is a tough teacher.

I want my children to remember that we didn't just celebrate the big things in life...but also the little things that made up a full life in our home.

Do you have any special way of celebrating in your home?


~This is Day 8 of 31 Days. You can find all posts in the series here 31 Days of Making this House our Home.

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs