Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 16 of 31: Get Organized


This week, I'm thinking about organizing.

There are some areas in our home that I'm ready to tackle and conquer. It's easy in a new house to just stick stuff somewhere (especially when you know it's just a one-year home). But that means that in the meantime, there are areas that are tough to look at and deal with.

To realistically face this challenge, I'm starting small (focusing on three main areas: the kids bathroom, the laundry room, and my catch-all basement closet) and utilizing my "Organized and Clean" Pinterest Board.

I love this idea to help me SEE what I really want to accomplish. I am definitely a list girl...and I like the ease of this chart...small and focused and easily rotated. I have a feeling that throwing away sticky notes is just as fulfilling as crossing off a to-do list!

 via

I've had this idea stored for years...and I've found some pieces from The Container Store that will make it possible! The downstairs closet (also known as the catch-all closet) is in for a surprise!


The kids bathroom has very limited storage...and the space under the sink has quickly become a mess. I am loving this idea below for hair accessory storage, as well as other toiletries!


And I love this idea...breaking down a TON of jobs into doable, daily tasks. Most of these could be accomplished in 15-20 minutes. I think I could definitely get the kids involved with these too.


What are your favorite organizing tips? Are there spaces in your house that need to be dealt with? Join me this week in tackling them!



~This is Day 16 of 31 Days. You can find all posts in the series here 31 Days of Making this House our Home.

2 comments:

Kelly Hallahan said...

I talk about getting organized today too! thehallahans.blogspot.com

Jen Kershner said...

Inspiring me again! Maybe when I finish the kitchen I will move on to organizing (again). Also, I've been walking around reminding myself to just touch things one time. Thanks for that great tip!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs