Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 31 of 31: Home


Often, I like to talk to Brent about our "forever home." 

The window seat I'd love to have one day.
What that kitchen would look like. 
The types of trees in our yard and the rainbow of color they'd be in autumn.

He likes to remind me that our forever home is not of this world.


And he's right, of course.

Ultimately, the throw pillows and crafting spaces, the curtains and the furniture, they aren't so important.

But God did choose to give us a family. A home. 

And what we cultivate within our families and our homes, it should reflect our future Home. It should strengthen our desire and longing for our forever home in Glory.

If there's one thing to take away from 31 Days of Making This House our Home, it is this.

Above my desk, a small silver cross hangs on my inspiration board. Written upon it, in words I need to read every day, is Joshua 24:15:

"As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." 


~This is Day 31 of 31 Days. The final day. Thank you for joining me on this journey! You can find all posts in the series here 31 Days of Making this House our Home.

2 comments:

Ursula Schneider said...

love this sentiment. I can relate to the 'wishing' for one thing or another. My ever practical, and slightly cheap hubby doesn't see it quite the same way and is more inclined to agree with your hubby. and doggone if he isn't right!

Virginia said...

So true - it's so easy to get caught up with especially with things like Pinterest but it's not the be all and end all is it? (Although i DO love to pin stuff!) Looks like you have a beautiful family!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs